Monday, May 19, 2014

Learn a little bit about me...

The lovely and fellow esKape author Melissa MacKinnon asked me if I wanted to answer a few questions regarding my writing process. Thank you for the opportunity, Melissa!


1) What am I working on?


I'm currently working on a Christmas story tentatively titled Amber's Wish. It's a story about a young girl of eight-years-old who is diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor. Her mother, Dayna, is heartbroken and alone. She finds solace in her upstairs neighbor, Eddie Kringle (notice the last name.) That's all you'll get for now. You'll have to read the story once it's published. My next foray will be a paranormal story with a psychic and the love of her life.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I write in both first person and third person. I try to write stories where the hero and heroine are drawn to each other and face an outside conflict such as a crazed maniac that appeared in my book Whiskey Whispers of the Past published by Astraea Press. I try not to draw off conflicts between the hero and heroine. Not all romances start off rocky and my books have a smoother start. That's only my opinion and I've read plenty of great stories where the hero or heroine can't stand each other in the beginning. I do have to admit I love a good alpha male. 

3) Why do I write what I do?

I write sweet romances because that is what I am comfortable writing. It's simply my personal preference. I read all forms of romance from clean to erotic as long as the story catches my attention and won't let go. I like heroes and heroines who meet and feel an immediate attraction. Some form of outside influence may make the road to love a little rough but love always prevails as it should.

4) How does my writing process work?

I am such a pantser. I have a start to the story and an ending but the middle is up in the air. Usually what I think will happen doesn't and morphs into something completely different. It's my process and I go with the flow. If I fight it, it slows the process and makes me frustrated to boot. Writing isn't always smooth sailing. There are many rewrites and false starts. My theory is slow and steady wins the race. I'm not the worlds fastest writer but I get where I'm going eventually and can't wait to share the fruits of my labor.


Thank you so much for learning a bit about me. Be on the look-out for my book, Vital Deceit, coming in the summer of 2014 and published by esKape Press.


Have a fabulous week!


Lynn~

No comments:

Post a Comment